We are no longer accepting applications. All applicants will be notified July 30 – August 3!
How many recipients will be selected?
Up to 20 NAHB members will be selected to receive a 2019 Builders’ Show scholarship.
What does the scholarship include?
- One IBS 2019 full registration (includes expo floor and education session access)
- Roundtrip economy airfare for one to Las Vegas (up to $600)
- 4-night hotel stay at NAHB designated hotel (Monday-Thursday, February 18-21, 2019)
- Scholarship Meet & Greet (Monday, February 18, 2019)
- One ticket to the Official IBS House Party (Tuesday, February 19, 2019)
- One ticket to the Young Pro Party (Wednesday, February 20, 2019)
Can I choose my hotel?
No. As a part of the scholarship program experience, all recipients will stay in the same NAHB designated hotel room block. NAHB will cover the room and tax fees for the 4-night hotel stay (February 18-21, 2019).
How does the airfare work?
All recipients will book their own airfare to/from the McCarran International Airport (LAS) in Las Vegas and submit their airfare receipt to the scholarship liaison for reimbursement. NAHB will reimburse the scholarship recipient up to $600 for roundtrip economy airfare. Airfare add-ons, such as extra leg room or early-bird check-in fees are not eligible for reimbursement.
What doesn’t the scholarship include?
- Spouse registration, special event tickets or travel
- Hotel incidentals
- Other travel/transportation expenses beyond the 4-night hotel stay and airfare to/from Las Vegas, i.e. extended hotel stay fees, taxis, airport shuttles, Lyft, Uber, etc.
- Airfare add-on fees, i.e. early-bird check-in, extra leg room, etc.
Can I post about this experience on social media?
Absolutely! Be sure to follow the Builders’ Show and use #IBS2019 #IBSscholarship to share your experience.