An executive level problem-solver, solutions provider, and manager in Data Analytics, Risk Management and Business Economics with significant experience in the insurance, housing and mortgage finance markets.
• At Nationwide, created the Leading Index of Healthy Housing Markets (LIHHM), a data-driven view of the national and regional (MSA) housing markets that focuses on the entire housing market’s health rather than simply a projection of house prices or home sales.
• At Nationwide, directly advised the board of directors and executive management team on economic and demographic trends and risks
• At PMI, successfully integrated newly developed Economic Capital risk models into the firm’s pricing analysis and models, used in all new business pricing decisions.
• At Fannie Mae, created, implemented, and managed an economic, housing, and mortgage finance forecast and analysis system that was used extensively by the firm’s senior management team.
• 2012-present: Senior Vice President & Chief Economist. Nationwide Insurance
• 2007-2012: Senior Vice President, Chief Economist & Strategist, Head of Risk Analytics & Pricing. PMI Mortgage Insurance Co.
• 1987-2007: Vice President and Chief Economist. Fannie Mae
• 1983-1987: Head, Regional Forecasting Service and Chief Financial Economist, Wharton Econometric Forecasting Associates
• 1982-83: Visiting Scholar. Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
• 1981-83: Assistant Professor of Economics. Claremont McKenna College and Claremont Graduate School
• 1979-80: Staff Economist. The President’s Council of Economic Advisers
Ph.D.: Economics, University of Michigan
M.P.P.: Public Policy, University of Michigan
B.A.: Economics/History, Williams College
Sessions where you can hear David Berson during IBS:
Legal Disclaimer: Presenters providing educational programs for the NAHB international Builders’ Show®
(“IBS”) submit their own biographical information and any accompanying handouts for use by the National
Association of Home Builders (“NAHB”). NAHB provides these materials for general information purposes
only and does not guarantee the content or accuracy of any information provided by Presenters that may
be used during the IBS, printed in IBS publications, or posted on this web site.
Return to Speaker Directory